I read this morning there are 13 weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I want those times to fun and memorable for me and my family but I struggle with balancing doing nothing, with feeling like I should do something, with life is short, with my homebody DH, with my friends are a priority for me, with I have things I need to accomplish, with it’s too hot, too far, too expensive. Well, you see my inner battle.
I’m tempted to assign weekends to these activities I want to do this summer because I know in my life I have to be intentional on scheduling almost everything to ensure it gets done but again, that seems to go against the whole flow of summer. It’s a little too much hustle.
Here’s my list of things I have done and still hope to do this summer. Add yours to the comment section. Let’s see if we can do some together!
Pool Party at Carothers
- Learning to can fruits and veggies with Kelly
See a Rascals game Visit my Dad’s side of the family
- Visit my Mom’s side of the family
Go kayaking Visit Janelle in Arkansas
- Visit Nicole in Houston
- Visit Emily in Oklahoma City
Go tubing/boating/jet skiing on the lake 2 times
- Go fishing 3 times
- See a Cardinals game
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Catch fireflies
- Make home made ice cream
- Have a lemonade stand
- Run 2 5K races and one team tri
- Go to 3 out door concerts
- Have neighbors over for cook out/ice cream
- Have family over for cook out/ice cream
- Have friends over for cook out/ice cream
Have volunteers over for cook out/ice cream
- Finish 13 pages in art journal
Plant garden and new flowers/plants What will we do together this summer?